The Vireo User Group and the Texas Digital Library are proud to announce the first Vireo Community Sprint.
This fall, starting with a 2-week sprint from October 1-12, and continuing periodically with further sprints through the fall and spring, we hope that you will bring your development, documentation, testing and coaching skills to a virtually-connected sprint towards the Vireo 4 release.
Documentation is still evolving, but you’ll find information about our developing plans on the Confluence page here.
- We do not require your availability during the sprint weeks, but we hope you’ll clear your schedule enough to work on (ideally a few) tickets/tasks during the sprint. We ask that you estimate your availability in the form below.
- You will be expected to manage your own work schedule, attend minimal meetings & report your on-going progress.
- You will be expected to have some existing knowledge of Vireo concepts (on v3 or below) and a willingness to be proactive in learning any new Vireo 4 concepts. Resources will be available to you on the Confluence page.
- You will be expected to be proactive in asking for help or asking questions if you get stuck. We will provide several support options and help will be available on Slack from Sprint Coaches (see Confluence page) and other participants. We also have a Bluejeans video conferencing room (Vireo Meeting Room) available for “face to face” discussions, screen sharing and/or pair programming.
- Technology/skills Prerequisites for Vireo 4 development:
- UI: angular.js (not the new angular)
- Backend: Java, spring-boot & JPA/Hibernate on the backend
Please indicate your interest in this first Vireo Community Sprint by completing this very brief sign-up form: https://goo.gl/forms/LwEyrLP9O2HrrSqo1
Courtney C. Mumma, MAS/MLIS (she/her/hers)
Deputy Director, Texas Digital Library